Sangoma A200BRM Analog Telephony Base Card
Ports: 0 FXS + 0 FXO
*Does not include FXS or FXO modules
The A200 and REMORA system together comprise the FXO/FXS version of Sangoma's range of Advanced, Flexible Telecommunications (AFT) hardware designed for optimum support of analog voice traffic. The A200 and REMORA cards support up to a total of 24 FXO and/or FXS connections. A single PCI slot host connection for all ports ensures common synchronous clocking for all channels. The base AFT architecture is shared with Sangoma's A101, A200 and A104 cards ensuring proven 3.3v/5v, high performance PCI compatibility.
Like all the Sangoma AFT Series, the A200 and REMORA system is field upgradeable to take advantage of the hardware and software improvements as they become available. Also, the A201 supports Sangoma's echo cancellation and voice enhancement board so that hardware voice enhancement is available for analog as well as TDM voice.
The A200 consists of a REMORA daughterboard mounted on the AFT PCI card. The REMORA card has two sockets each of which can accept an FXO-2 or FXS-2 module. Each FXO-2 or FXS-2 module supports two FXO or FXS ports respectively.
Up to four additional REMORA daughterboards can be mounted in empty slot positions beside the A201 assembly, connected to the A201 by a backplane bus connector.
- From 2 to 24 ports supported, mixing FXO and FXS interfaces as required.
- Support for the Asterisk, OPAL PBX/IVR projects, as well as other Open Source and proprietary PBX/Switch/IVR/VoIP gateway applications.
- Single synchronous PCI interface for all 24 FXO/FXS ports.
- Four RJ11 4 ports per REMORA card.
- Dimensions: 2U Form factor: 120mm x 55 mm for use in restricted chassis.
- Short 2U compatible mounting clips included for installation in 2U rackmount servers.
- 32 bit bus master DMA data exchanges across PCI interface at 132Mbytes/sec for minimum host processor intervention.
- Autosense compatibility with 5v and 3.3v PCI busses.
- Fully PCI 2.2 compliant, compatible with all commercially available motherboards, proper interrupt sharing.
- Intelligent hardware: Downloadable Field Programmable Gate Array programming with multiple operating modes. Field upgradeable so that new featuresrelated to voice and/or data can be added when they become available.
- Power: 800mA peak, operational 300mA max at +3.3v or 5v.
- Temperature range: 0 -50C.
Optional DSP card on the A200d
- G.168-2002 echo cancellation in hardware
- 1024 taps/128ms tail per channel on all channel densities
- DTMF decoding and tone recognition
- Voice quality enhancement: Octasic music protection, acoustic echo control and adaptive noise reduction.
The A200 and Remora cards incorporate four, 4 pin RJ11 narrow jacks such as used in telephone handsets. Each A200/Remora is shipped with four 2M cables terminating in a narrow RJ11/4 plug at one end and a telephone-standard RJ11/6 plug at the other.
For those who need to hard wire the A200 system, Sangoma has a kit available consisting of 24 RJ11/4 plugs and a crimping tool.